Friday, March 18, 2011

Hihihi Bakery Re-opened - Someday, Someday… :)

Sometimes I missed my good old days, living on my own in Singapore and sold cakes and foodies to my colleagues at the office. It was not even a real bakery; it’s just me giggling every time, offering the breakfast menu for the next day through our office emails. I’d received about ten or fifteen responses and I would go home at night – sometimes straight from the office, sometimes I still had to go to church for prayer meetings then just after that, I would start baking – mostly at nine or ten PM at night. I know a lot of great bakers started their business that way – juggling between the reality and the passion for baking, but unfortunately I wasn’t strong enough to keep the routine, I got sick and all, and now here I am, in a very different world from where I came last time.

Before I was working in an international architecture firm in Singapore, but day by day I grew to love cooking and baking more and more and I was blessed to have bunches of friends *and they were also my customers* who were loyally giving me encouragement to keep developing my hobby. Now I have moved further from home to Europe to join my husband who works here, and I’m no longer the busy bee I used to be. So I’ve got plenty of times at home and cooking has been one of my ways to release my energy :)

I’m blessed that my husband is truly a food lover and he’s always been really supportive of my passions. And though I haven’t got any other customer but him here, every night watching him enjoy every bit of my cooking is always very heartening :)

We were spending our breakfast in a very lovely small English café in Amsterdam one day, when I enthusiastically re-told him about my dream of having a very small and homey café or cake shop just like that place. He smiled at me and softly (but seriously) told me, “but sweetheart, you’ve got to be strong like them to stand for hours servicing the customers.” Oh sigh, of course that’s always been the problem. “Ooh.. don’t be so blatantly serious and just let me enjoy the dreams,” I said and we both laughed.

Hihihi Bakery will be reopened someday. Someday. I don’t know when or how, but someday, I’ll invite you all to a very small cake shop in the corner, full of a home-baking goods, baked with love.

I hope, someday :)

No comments: