Friday, August 15, 2008

Banana cake turns me crazy

It’s been the second time I made banana cake, and the result was great in texture and form. The cakes were moist and nice, except somehow I always made mistakes in putting the ingredients. Aarrrggh.. should I follow the recipe, then everything must have been perfect! :(

On the 1st trial, I decided to halve the recipe. Putting all dry ingredients to the bowl then I realized that I put the baking powder and cinnamon for 1 recipe! Oh my… I tried my best to take out some of them but they’ve already mixed with flour then nothing much I could do that time. The next mistake is when the recipe required 300 grams of banana and I used 2 bananas, which weighed around 200 something… it was not a fatal error, but it resulted in a too dense cake.

So yesterday, I decided to make the second one. Thinking that this time everything should be just all right – since I’ve identified all that might be wrong and promised myself to be careful…
Everything went smooth. I enjoy weighing the sugar, putting in the eggs to the bowl, weighing the flour and add in baking powder, cinnamon, and ready to shift them all when I suddenly realized… O H M Y G O D…

I just put in NUTMEG POWDER! Not cinnamon powder… AAAAAAAAArrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhh I really really really felt completely brainless and stupid and anything you name me!! I’ve done once more a mistake and this time it’s even more fatal than before :0

I usually use nutmeg for beef… and now I just poured one table spoon of it to the flour. And I made the whole recipe which make so many cupcakes… Oh Gosh ;( surely I did my best to take it out and replace it with cinnamon powder. The cakes turned out to be ok, it’s moist and fluffy, the amount of banana was just nice… but the taste… hihihihiihi…

Hhh… me and my broken heart…

3rd time trial must be perfect!!! Go fight girl!

The recipe was taken from Mbak Vania's blog... (mbak, saya ikut nge-link ya, mohon maaf kalau mohon ijinnya belum diterima, ini juga masih belajar nge-link hihihihi)

but for the 3rd trial I want to make some changes.. hopefully it won't end up in disaster again :P

No comments: