Friday, August 22, 2008

To Overcome Fear

How do you know you're truly in love with someone?
You don't think about him all the time
You don't talk to him often
You hardly meet him everyday
You don't meet him in your dreams either
And when you close your eyes
still you can't see his face.
How do you know you're truly in love to someone?
It's not even the 'ocean-rage feeling' type
You hardly laugh or cry
No heartbeat attacks when you talk to him
No hug, no embrace, no chance to hold
How do you know you're truly in love with someone?



Last nite I was back to my kitchen. Since the day I failed in making steam cake, I was overwhelmed by the misery of losing the knack to cook. It was developing to great despair since nothing was rite. Not even one single thing. It's like I was also loosing my passion in baking. Thanks to my friends, they gave me courage to carry on :)

But this bread I bought last Sunday is not getting fresher - I skipped breakfast for the whole week (not to mention I did skip dinner as well - just can't eat, sigh) and I also have bananas waiting for me. I used to make banana juice - I mix it with any fruit I have in hand, but nowdays it seems too troublesome to make.

I used to bake almost every day, so I have blocks of chocolate, cheese, cartoons of milks and so many things in my kitchen. I thought I really had to do something. Had this thought in mind to make a bread pudding. My previous bread pudding got good responses from my friends (though I don't really like it). So I decided to make a bread pudding again - this time plus banana and Nutella.

I visualized the recipe in my mind - modifying the previous recipe and adding bananas and Nutella in it.

Everthing went well and I was ready to put the things in the oven when I realized

- o h m y g o d o n c e m o r e ? -

I forgot to put in melted butter :( I rushed to my bedroom turning on my computer googling to find out what it would be without butter? Still it be ok? I noticed that every recipe I had opened content butter in it. Oww owww... :(

Haaaaa...

But then I recognized this warm feeling inside my heart.

"No girl, this is not the time to give up. Get up and go back to the kitchen, you know what to do."

So I melted the butter (not to mention I also forgot to add vanila ahahhaha) and added it in the batter. The butter wasn't mixed well with the rest of the batter but anyway, just do it lah :P

The pudding turned out OK, and my friends like it very much :)
Yiippppp!!! :D

Banana Bread Pudding with Nutella

(this is ¾ part of the original recipe, taken from Ibu Esti’s blog, I used small aluminum cup, makes 15 medium cup)

Ingredients:
7 or 8 slices of bread (can’t remember *_*)
2 big ripe bananas
Nutella spread (can’t tell how much)

3 Medium Eggs
75 g Caster Sugar (personally I think this’ too sweet)
60 g Butter/Margarine – melt it
450 ml Milk (on 1st trial I used Heavy Cream – made the pudding moister)
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract (forget to use it either *~*)

Some cheese (did not weigh it) for the top of the pudding


Instruction:
Spread the Nutella on each bread slice
Add the banana inside and roll the bread
(I’m bad in writing in English, so someday I’ll show you how in pictures)
Slice the bread and put the slices in the bake pan

Beat the eggs and the sugar until light
Add in vanilla extract, milk and melted butter
Pour the batter to the bake pan
Steam for around 10 minutes, put on the grated cheese
And bake for 15 minutes, 180°C
(what an instruction! I’ll re-write again soon :P)


I can overcome this fear inside, that's how

1 comment:

ipz84 said...

Yippie!!!!! Gitu donk.. Inilah mbak dea yg kukenal.. :))

ttd, pelanggan yg puas.. XD