Saturday, August 23, 2008

So You Know about Good Food?

When you say good food, what’s in your mind?

Chocolate Rice Sandwich, I would say :P
I love it very much that I never get bored of eating it. Never, since my childhood until now :P

You may wonder why I put chocolate rice in my sandwich (my Singaporean friend asked me in astonishment when she saw me once). She thought I had too much chocolate rice in my baking stock so I used it for sandwich. Ahahahhahaa… if she only knew :P





For Indonesian (and yes, I’m Indonesian and am proud of that :P) it’s very common to eat chocolate rice sandwich. And of course, you must know the best brand – CERES – is the best ever since I was a child. Never want to change, and never want to live without it :P thanks to my friends, whenever they go back to Indonesia they used to bring me some. Oohohoho, how I love them :D

We use margarine instead of butter. The famous brand in Indonesia is BLUE BAND – it’s very tasty and although it’s margarine, but the texture is firm enough to replace butter in baking. I once tried PLANTA, I believed it’s a sister-brand of BLUE BAND since their package look similar. But the taste is not the same. So one day I bumped into MEADOW LEA margarine, and I would say it’s the closest thing I can get to Blue Band, and I never buy other brands until now :P

For the bread I prefer to have White Bread. Yeah of course it would be so much healthier if you make your own, but bread-making is so time consuming and too much to do for one’s personal pleasure (dont' remind me of my decision to buy Bread Machine :P It's still a lot things to do even with bread machine, ahahaha exusesss! :P) My friend once said, “You know whole wheat is so much better than the white ones, my mom would never allow me to eat other than whole wheat”. Yeah, so much for the wheat, but personally I think White Bread is the best combination for chocolate rice, ever. The plainness of the bread strengthen the chocolate taste :P


Spread the margarine - thin layer will do :P


Dont' forget the chocolate rice - the more the better, but you must watch your diet :P


This's just nice :)


TAdaaaaaaaaaaa.... hey old friend, nice to see you again! (And again and again and again tomorrow)

You may wonder why I used the last slice of the loaf - some people hate it and even throw it away - but I like it very very much :D

This same sandwich was the one to be blame for ruining my diet 10 years back when I weighed around 12 kg heavier than now, ahahhahahaa… what a day :P

*And yes, the morning I took pictures for this posting, I bought a new loaf of bread. I spent the whole Saturday at home - making steam cakes for selling at the Embassy yesterday and it was raining heavily so going out would be too much trouble - and yes, I finished the whole loaf that day. Ahahahhaa... only eating bread for the whole day XD

1 comment:

Becky said...

I came across your blog randomly, and I was wondering if chocolate rice is like sprinkles that we use in the US on cookies and such...

Lovely photos on your blog!