Monday, August 18, 2008

Carrot Cake - still faulty :(

Last nite I pushed myself to bake again. Bit hard to bake since I made awful mistakes several times last week. And I - you know they say you must cook with love and I think that's just true - was not really feeling like baking.


But we got some carrots in the fridge waiting helplessly :p and I've been wandering in internet looking for carrot cake recipe last week so I think I really had to do something about the carrots.


Started quite late at nite - around 10 something - I knew this one is going to end up at midnite. So I determined myself to start :)


Weighing and halving the recipe always been my problems lately - since I was back to kitchen again after being ill, don't know why it's very hard to concentrate on numbers :(


But then this time everything went ok. Original recipe was taken from Mbak Riana's blog, with some modification. (Mbak, pamitannya dah nyampe ga ya? Minta ijin nge-link ya :D)





I do have some problems with the oven, it's really too small for the amount of my baking these days. I burnt some of the cakes :P

I bought (err, my Mom did) the smallest one thougt it's only for learning yet now it's not enough hehehehe... anyway, I did took the picture this morning and I'm happy with the result :D

Can't wait to try again!

Carrot Cake
(Source: Bogasari Baking Center Cake Baking Course – from Mbak Riana’s blog modified by me)

I halved the recipe, made 18 medium cupcakes – just nice.

Ingredients:
3 medium Eggs
150 g Caster sugar -> some say the cake is bit too sweet, can reduce to 140g
¼ tsp Salt
½ tsp Emulsifier
130 g All purpose flour
½ tsp Baking soda
¼ tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Cinnamon powder ->the original recipe from Mbak Riana gives each 1 g for Baking Soda, Baking powder, and Cinnamon powder. When I wanted to halve the recipe I found the ½ g will be odd. So I added the amounts, hoping everything to turn out fine. It’s seems ok :)
220 g Carrot – I grated the carrot with a fine grater
75 g Canola Oil


Instruction:
Beat eggs, sugar and salt in high speed until thick.
Beat in emulsifier, continue beating until pale, creamy, and very thick (the beater is leaving a trace that doesn’t disappear for quite awhile).
Shift the dry ingredients. Using the lowest speed, beat in the flour mixture into the egg batter. Turn off the mixer.
Fold in the blended carrot, mix well with spatula.
Slowly fold in the oil, make sure you mix everything well before pouring the batter into the pan.
Pour the batter into cup cakes cases.
Bake in preheated oven at 180ÂșC for 25 minutes (do the toothpick test).


Cheese Cream Frosting
(Source: Philadelphia Cream Cheese package – from Mbak Riana’s Blog modified by me)

Ingredients:
60 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
20 g margarine
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 drop of Lemon Paste

Instruction:
Beat the Philadelphia Cream Cheese and margarine for 4-5 minutes or until soft and light (fluffy).
Beat in the icing sugar lemon juice, continue beating for 30 seconds or until mixed well.
Frost the carrot cake.

3 comments:

Fakhrur said...

udah dilink... ;) loe nyalain RSS feed-nya jg dong hehe

Anonymous said...

it was wonderfully good, wasn't it?

Dearni Irene said...

Wah mbak Riana :)
Makasiy banyak ya sudah mau berkunjung... Baru sekali ada tamu yang ahli masak di blog saya hiiihihi. Iya mbak, hasilnya bagus. Saya mau ngulang lagi minggu ini sesuai permintaan teman, tapi yg ini ga boleh gosong hehehehe... :P Makasih ya mbak sharingnya di blognya :)